This book has everything. If you want to get started in user experience design (UX), you've come to the right place: 100 self-contained lessons that cover the whole spectrum of fundamentals.
Apps! Websites! Rubber Ducks! Naked Ninjas! This book has everything. If you want to get started in user experience design (UX), you’ve come to the right place: 100 self-contained lessons that cover the whole spectrum of fundamentals.
Forget dry, technical material. This book based on the wildly popular UX Crash Course from Joel Marsh’s blog The Hipper Elemental is laced with the author’s snarky brand of humor and teaches UX in a simple, practical way. Becoming a professional doesn’t have to be boring.
Follow the real-life UX process from start to finish and apply the skills as you learn, or refresh your memory before the next meeting. UX for Beginners is perfect for non-designers who want to become designers, managers who teach UX, programmers, salespeople, or marketers who want to learn more.
- Start from scratch: the fundamentals of UX
- Research the weird and wonderful things users do
- The process and science of making anything user-friendly
- Use size, color, and layout to help and influence users
- Plan and create wireframes
- Make your designs feel engaging and persuasive
- Measure how your design works in the real world
- Find out what a UX designer does all-day
By Joel Marsh